Kinkaku-ji (Temple of the Golden Pavilion)

May 19, 2015


One of the most famous temple in Kyoto is the Kinkaku-ji or golden pavilion. We woke up early to try and avoid the crowd but no such luck. It was packed with tourists (like us) and it was very difficult to take a picture without someone's head being inside the frame. It was hilarious! Hello global tourism!

I thought the ticket to the golden pavilion was very beautiful! I kept it as a souvenir. Walking inside the ground was dreamy. The entrance was lined with trees and covered in moss. We walked into a gate then the golden pavilion surrounded by water and trees. It was just amazing! 

Everyone was snapping away and taking selfies. It was unreal. 

After taking a million pictures, we walked around the grounds and took a little hike before leaving the temple.

I am amazed how well preserved the buildings are in Japan. 

9 comments

  1. im amazed at how well japanese architecture and the surrounding nature blend together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best! I wish I have a house style house ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, it looks much more crowded than when I visited a few years ago. It's still just as gorgeous though, and I love your photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The place looks wonderful!!! How I wish I could fly to japan right now and just witness the gorgeousness of the place! :)

    Beautiful photos, btw!
    www.jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous! you captured it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Tokyo before camera phones were a big thing (2008). We're thinking of going back this year. It's going to be so different!

    This place looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah definitely crowded like you mentioned :o but still awesome :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photos of the temple reflecting into the water- so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Latest Instagrams

© Christine Loves to Travel. Design by Fearne.