Atsuta Shrine Nagoya

March 2, 2015

Keiko toured us to her favourite shrine. The Atsuta shrine. After wandering around Nagoya castle for hours, we made our way into this shrine just before sunset. 

We all felt the immediate peace while walking the shrine grounds. I love the Torii that greeted us in the entrance. No orange colour this time. We did the usual hand cleansing and I was getting used to it. 

The little girl from the picture above did not want to leave without having her picture taken in front of the flower exhibit. Her mother wanted to leave. She stood her ground and cried when her Mom finally caved in. We were passing her when Keiko started talking to the little girl in Japanese. I asked Keiko if we can take her picture and the little girl immediately stopped crying and started posing. She is so kawaii!!And I love her kimono. 

4 comments

  1. My friend with a dog who we ran into was on the first pic!! Lol
    I was glad that I could take you to my favourite place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. shrines are definitely on my list to visit if we ever make it out to japan. so so beautiful and tranquil. and that little girl is so so adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. the last few pictures without any visitors visible are so calm and beautiful! the tree branches especially feel springy

    sydsense.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  4. the last few pictures without any visitors visible are so calm and beautiful! the tree branches especially feel springy

    sydsense.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Latest Instagrams

© Christine Loves to Travel. Design by Fearne.