The annual Distillery District Christmas Market

December 15, 2014

The annual Distillery District Christmas Market opened in 2011. You can read my post about it here. Every year, it's getting bigger and bigger. It's becoming a tourist draw and I can see why it's been attracting crowds every year. The venue of course is historic and it has a lot of old world charm inside the Distillery District.  It's full of christmas vendors selling food, christmas gifts, and treats. Not to mention the permanent shops in the Distillery that sells clothing, beauty products, houseware, art, chocolates, etc. 

We went on a Tuesday night to avoid the weekend rush. It was raining slightly. It was not crowded so we had a lot of space to roam around. The restaurants were full though and the choices are boundless but we already had dinner so we just poked around to see what's going on. You can also enjoy drinks outside the beer garden. 

We visited Soma Chocolatier.  I ended up purchasing the dark peruvian chocolate with sea salt and the Grenada Chocolate Company chocolate. I'm usually a milk chocolate girl but lately, I've been eating more and more dark chocolates. Both were yummy btw. 

One of the biggest draw is of course the giant Christmas tree that greets you when you enter the district. It's roughly 40 feet tall! 

I can't believe it's only 10 days to go before Christmas. I hope you got your shopping done! I can't wait for the holidays!

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Latest Instagrams

© Christine Loves to Travel. Design by Fearne.