Summer: Cottage life

August 12, 2014

When I was in my teens, I spent most of my weekends up north in Midland/Penetanguishene area. We had family friends who lived up there and I spent every Friday after school being shuttled from Toronto to Midland. I spent my time doing homework during the car ride/traffic so I can be free all weekend. 

We spent a lot of time on the beach and having barbeque's with our friends and extended family. It was the best! We didn't have cell phone's and all kinds of gadgets as distraction. We had each other to talk to and we played a lot of games like charade. 

This weekend, I got the chance to re-live some of those memories. We visited a family friend's cottage for the day. We had a picnic lunch at his cottage before heading to the public beach. The beach is full of families enjoying the small beach and clear water.

I spent all day tanning and reading "The hundred foot journey". It was pure bliss!

The other best part of this visit was re-visiting Balm beach. I saw the old arcade where we used to play on Saturday nights. The whole crew went for a walk on the beach while watching the amazing sunset above.
To top it off the amazing day, we had ice cream after our sunset walk. 

3 comments

  1. Amazing! Sounds like so much fun! I would love to experience the cottage life - sunset walks, barbecue, and picnic alfreso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, I miss going to the cottage!! Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Latest Instagrams

© Christine Loves to Travel. Design by Fearne.