Happy holidays!

December 24, 2013

December always sneaks up on me so I try to be prepared as much as possible. Christmas shopping is always done ahead of time. I try to do as much as I can in the beginning of December before it gets super busy at work. 

This year has been a very busy year for me especially at work. It has been a very successful year and a very rewarding one. It's nice to be appreciated for all the hard work and long hours I put into my work. 

It has been a challenging year as always. A lot of bumps along the way that I thought I couldn't overcome but somehow did. Hard decisions were made and a lot of tears shed but in the end "what doesn't break you, makes you stronger", right?

And after the crazy ice storm that gave us no power for 3 days, it made me realized how lucky I am to have such a great family and friends. Everyone rallied together to make the best of the situation. We had a sleepover at my house to make use of our gas fireplace. Everyone was warm and sleeping on a mattress in the basement. We made s'mores with the kids and spent time together without the distraction of a tv, computer, or phone. The blackout/storm made us all realize that the most important part of life is family. 

I have a lot to grateful for so I'm choosing to see the positives.

+Travel - it's my passion to explore new places every year.  I was fortunate enough to take 3 weeks off in the winter to travel to Portugal and Spain.  That was an amazing experience being able to drive around the two countries.
In the spring time, I went to Chicago for a long weekend and had my first deep dish pizza. In the summer, it was off to Montreal with my guy friends for a weekend of eating.
Late fall, I went to sunny Cuba for a week. I need a last boost of vitamin D before winter started. Had the best time snorkeling and relaxing.

+Health - each year I strive to be healthier and this year was easier for me health wise. I started running and hope to continue again in Spring.

+Family - no matter how crazy and how loud; always love my family! And each year we get bigger and bigger!

+Friends - always grateful to have my close friends who I have known since highschool. For always being there for me during happy and tough times.

+My love - my travel partner. Thank you for always being there for me <3

Happy holidays everyone! May you have a safe and happy holidays! Happy travels!! See you all in 2014 :)

1 comment

  1. I'm just going to second that. The power outage made us appreciate each other more, and realize we need to spend times together without the distraction of technology.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Latest Instagrams

© Christine Loves to Travel. Design by Fearne.